Saturday, January 8, 2011

Orgasm.

Have I hooked your interest with that post title?

There are so many things I want to tell you! One day I will. Until then, here's a ridiculous story that one of my friends shared with me:

ENT at UCSF where he did his residency was sort of a dumping ground for patients that had vague symptoms that could sort of be related to the ENT area. Bob had had a week of patients with weird complaints but the Friday patient topped it all. A woman of 27 years came into his clinic asking to have her tonsils "put back in." She said that she had had her tonsils removed 4 years previously because of chronic tonsillitis.

Dumbfounded, Bob asked her why she wanted them put back in. Her reply was, "I have not had an orgasm since I had my tonsils out and so I need to have the surgery reversed." Even to this day Bob said that he was so surprised by her response that all he could do was laugh (uproariously unfortunately).

Needless to say the referral was to Psychiatry not to the OR suite.

No comments:

Post a Comment